Summer in the capital. What is it like? Apart from art and history exhibits, food and wine expos and open-air cinemas, Canberra’s summer is never complete without the National Multicultural Festival 2016!
- Make use of the additional Action blue and red rapid services if you prefer taking the bus. We park for $2 dollars flat at the Canberra Centre on Sundays so we made use of that.
- Carry bottles of water to avoid dehydration. There is a water fountain near Garema place as well.
- Always make a point to visit early in the day if you’d like first dibs on the food.
- Must tries: Cannolis, Apollos, Rum Babas, Chips on a Stick, Waffle on a Stick, Chicken and Chorizo Paella, Abyssinian food – pumpkin and coconut chicken curry, Iranian food – meat and rice pilaf and Greek food – grilled octopuses!
- If you didn’t try the Cannolis, Apollos and Rum Babas and cannot wait till next year, hit me up in the comments and I will tell you where you can get them all year round!
- Visit the Malaysian Showcase and watch Roti Canai (pronouced: cha-nai) being flipped in the air live!
Download your essential festival guide and map here.