World Curry Festival Canberra

by Rosemarie John on July 19, 2015

World Curry Festival Canberra - RJohn - small

Winter in Canberra is a beautiful season. The trees are bare, the breeze is crisp and I get to wear boots for days! But a World Curry Festival Canberra makes winter a little bit more special. There is nothing like fiery curry and the aroma of spices on a wintry sunny afternoon.

Angie of GnomeAngel and I got out and about yesterday and this is how it went down:

Perfect weather for curry! #VisitCanberra #canberra @out_in_canberra #CurryFTW #GetInMyBelly #CurryForDays A photo posted by Rosemarie and Joseph (@travelnbeyond) on

The festival is running for two days, if you haven’t got your hands on a plate of pipping hot deliciousness, the time is now!

The World Curry Festival is taking place from July 18-19ย in Garema Place next to the ice skating rink. Seeย inthecitycanberra.com.au

Angie @ GnomeAngel.com July 19, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Thanks for a fun day Rose! Sorry we couldn’t sample more of the yumminess! Looking forward to our next adventure! <3
Angie @ GnomeAngel.com recently posted…Are you ready to make a change? I am!My Profile

Rosemarie John July 19, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Me too Angie, our next adventure will be a a lot of fun! I sense that already!

Anna @ shenANNAgans July 20, 2015 at 1:23 pm

I didnt get to the festival, but you and a bunch of the Berra foodies kept me up to speed. Your pictures over were screen licking tasty. Good to see you gals adventuring together too. Happy week ahead, stay warm. ๐Ÿ™‚
Anna @ shenANNAgans recently posted…Care Bear Stares, Hammer Pants & Great Gran’s Marmalade JamMy Profile

Rosemarie John July 21, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Maybe next time, we can all go together!

Anna @ shenANNAgans August 18, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I just reread my comment, excellent sentence putting together going on there!!! #oops
I meant to say, your pictures are screen licking tasty, not sure where I was headed with the *over

PS: All the YES to going as a group next time. ๐Ÿ™‚
Anna @ shenANNAgans recently posted…The Lazy Baker’s Guide to Choc Malt Milkshake MacaronsMy Profile

Heather @ Ferreting Out the Fun July 20, 2015 at 4:15 pm

YUM! I can practically taste the curry from here!
Heather @ Ferreting Out the Fun recently posted…10 Highlights of the LouvreMy Profile

Rosemarie John July 21, 2015 at 6:41 pm

You are right! We could smell curry from the car park! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jess @UsedYorkCity July 30, 2015 at 1:15 am

Omg, it looks like you guys sampled so many yummy things! I love a good curry, especially when it’s chilly out!
Jess @UsedYorkCity recently posted…How To Host A NYC Brunch (And Still Sleep In)My Profile