We have been in Canberra for six months now and to have Canberrans’ nominate me for a Liebster Award is just fantastic! I am going to accept it as a welcoming gesture to this beautiful city we call home.
My first nomination came from April of Aprillah. When I was very new to Canberra, I had a chance to meet April at a blogger get-together and we had a lot of fun talking and sharing delicious bar bites on one very cold night at Gryphons Cafe Bar! I vividly remember the beautiful orange cardi she had on! Her sense of style is simply gorgeous. April’s blog is a personal blog with very colourful and entertaining stories.Her bubbly and outspoken character shines through her writing and I find her posts very entertaining. Thank you for the nomination. I apologize it has taken me this long to write mine up!
My second nomination came from Claudia of Claudia Owen. Claudia’s is a designer and her blog is a record of all the beautiful things that inspire her. It also showcases some of her work. Some of her beautiful work will be showcased at the RAW show, an indie arts organisation where artists, designers, photographers, musicians, performing artists, fashion designers and hair and make up artists get together for one night to exhibit their work. Location: Uni Pub in Canberra on 12 November at 7:30pm.
So how does the Liebster Award work? You get nominated by your peers. You read 10 questions they had to answer by the person who nominated them. You then answer 10 questions put to you by your nominator followed by 10 questions you put forward to the 10 people you choose to nominate. Yup, it pretty much works like a chain letter award nomination! It is rather fun! So here it goes:
Questions from April:
1. Who is your all-time favourite supporting film character?
To be honest, I don’t have any favourites. The only actor I currently am a fan of is Helen Mirren.
2. Spice Girls – better with or without Geri?
Who is Geri? LOL I only remember the one who actually sang… what was her name again? LOL
3. Do you remember anyone’s phone number off by heart (other than your parents/SO)?
I remember my credit card number by heart! Does that count?
4. Has anyone ever broken up with you via SMS or email?
No, thank God!
5. PDAs – yes or no?
6. Have you ever taught someone a life skill?
If adaptability is considered a life skill, then yes.
7. Superpower: invisibility or teleportation?
Teleportation, hands down! Beam me up, Scotty!
8. Do you wear gloves when you do the washing up?
9. One thing you thought and never said which you’d like to be able to go back and say
You are such a daft human being! To someone who belittled me and assumed that I wouldn’t know how to use a computer!
10. What is the most important thing you have learned in 2014?
To have hope and keep trying no matter how tough things get.
Questions from Claudia:
1. If money wasn’t an issue what would your dream career be?
To be a full time explorer.
2. Name 3 things that are on your bucket list
Touch the wailing wall, Photograph the treasury in Petra, Climb Mt. Sinai
3. Share a happy childhood memory
I was 9 and I was in Disneyland, Anaheim
4. When you picture yourself living your dream life, what do you see?
I see myself in a picturesque place, with my feet up, drinking hot chocolate and looking at Joseph being completely relaxed!
5. What are you working on right now that has got you all excited?
I am working on travelling to a few exotic countries and I hope it works out!
6. Share something unique/weird about you
No matter how cold or how late it is, I have to have a shower before getting into bed.
7. Name one person that you admire and why?
My mother, for all her sacrifices she made for me and my brother
8. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I think it was play dough
9. Name one technique or strategy that is working well for your blog right now
Writing in first person 🙂 I keep my third person writing style for the magazines.
10. Name one app or tool that you can’t live without. (For example: Evernote, Wunderlist)
My currency exchange app!
Hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Here are my 10 questions and the 10 people I nominate:
My Questions to You:
- Why do you blog?
- What motivates you to keep your blog running?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Where are you dying to travel to?
- What is your favourite day of the week and why?
- Do you have a “lift-me-up” dessert when you’ve had a crappy day?
- Who do you look up to and why?
- What is your favourite TV series right now?
- Do you have a favourite restaurant that serves meals under $10?
- Do you have any travel recommendations for me within Australia?
- Liz of Bizzy lizzy’s Goof Things
- Fran of The Food Marshall
- Elias of CBR Foodie
- Serina of Weekend Parent
- Tara of In the Taratory
- Leone of Living in Ballan
- Gary of Yummy Lummy
- Angie of Gnome Angel
- Kaet of Cider Teak
- Megan of The Girl has Sparke