Floriade 2014 – A Plethora of Vivid Colours

by Joseph Ellis on September 25, 2014

8 of 8
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to read on and view more photos!

Floriade15-RJohn

Floriade16-RJohn

Entry during the day is free. Click the following links for details: Opening Times | How to Get There | Free Wi-Fi | Nightfest 2014 | Accommodation | Novotel Canberra | FAQs

8 of 8
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to read on and view more photos!

David September 25, 2014 at 5:57 am

Such beautiful flowers … I’ve never heard much about what goes on in Canberra, so it’s good to hear that it isn’t such a boring place as the rumors suggest!
David recently posted…5 fun things to do on CorfuMy Profile

Rosemarie John September 25, 2014 at 6:11 am

There’s lots to do in Canberra especially in spring. http://events.act.gov.au/ is a great place to keep track of events taking place. 🙂

Anne Sutherland-Smith September 25, 2014 at 6:27 am

Joseph, thanks for sharing your lovely experience of Floriade. We are going tomorrow so hopefully the weather will be as good as for your visit!
Anne Sutherland-Smith recently posted…Wrap Up: Australian Whale WatchingMy Profile

Rosemarie John September 25, 2014 at 6:31 am

I think the weather will be perfect Anne! Don’t worry, have some Ben & Jerry’s for me! Let me know if you find Chunky Monkey!

Muza-chan September 25, 2014 at 11:08 am

Beautiful…
Muza-chan recently posted…Defining images of Japan, Zen gardenMy Profile

Craig September 26, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Don’t you just love the smell of Hyacinths? I’m on the other side of the world so it’s autumn here and all the flowers are starting to die out, your pictures are making me long for the spring again. Great post
Craig recently posted…A Relaxing Seafood Dinner at Roy Moore’s Fish ShackMy Profile

Rosemarie John September 26, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Yes I just love them and wish we had space to grow them

Angie @ GnomeAngel.com September 29, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I love all your images. I’m busting to get to Floriade this year – thanks for sharing.
Angie @ GnomeAngel.com recently posted…MEET PENNYDOG PATCHWORKMy Profile

Rosemarie John September 29, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Thanks Angie, I still have my Night Fest photos to upload but to be honest, I preferred the Floriade during the day.

Lesley Peterson October 2, 2014 at 1:45 am

Delightful to think that spring travel experiences are available in Australia while the leaves are turning autumn gold here in the northern hemisphere. Beautiful photos–they sure grow things big in Canberra!
Lesley Peterson recently posted…Lucy the Elephant, America’s oldest roadside attractionMy Profile

Rosemarie John October 2, 2014 at 2:03 am

Oh yes, Canberra is full of such events and festivals during spring, it is the capital after all 🙂 I have had many friends who think that Sydney is the capital.